Monday, June 22, 2009

We would like to introduce you to Gideon Hans Mortensen

Gideon was born Wednesday June 17th at 9:04am. He was 21 and 1/4 inches long and weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. The doctor said if I had waited a week he would have been a 9 pounder. The blessings of having to have a c-section. This was my first scheduled c-section. Jared was an emergency "c" having the cord wrapped around his neck and Mathias was an attempted natural birth but he wasn't descending and I wasn't progressing so they took him after 17 hours of labor. They say you have a 10% chance of a normal delivery after 2 c-sections so we figured we better just do what the doctors advised and schedule the third. It was kind of nice knowing when we were going to have a baby and plan ahead. I was relatively rested and had all my strength going into surgery. Recovery has been wonderful and I am healing very nicely. Tim has been better than absolutly amazing, if that's possible. He has taken over everything and has been super dad and mom together. I couldn't ask for a better support and love. Gideon is a very happy baby. He is predictable, which is a good thing right now, and I only have to narrow it down to poopy, hungry, or tired if he cries which isn't that often. He is alert and follows my face around when I talk to him. Jared and Mathias are so excited to have a new brother, all our neighbors and Mailman have been well informed by them that Gideon has arrived. They are going to be great big brothers. We feel very grateful for this new spirit in our home. Tim told the boys the story about who Gideon was named after last night and brought me to tears. The Lord really does want us to remember with Him on our side and with our obedience anything is possible.

4 comments:

heidikins said...

Congratulations!!! Little Gideon is such a charmer, and I love the stories about Mathias and Jared--they are gonna be fantastic big brothers!

Lots of love,
xox

Amy said...

Congrats! I'm jealous you're done... He's beautiful!

Ari said...

Oh he is beautiful and a big boy. Thank goodness you got him out when you did...wow an almost 9 pounder! Glad to hear that you are recovering well and getting lots of help from your hubby. Wish I could be there to help. Congratulations again and I'll be waiting for some more pic's. =)
Love,
Ari

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. So glad you are recovering well and getting lot's of help. Gideon is so cute! I can't believe you have three boys. So fun. Sure love you and go glad everything is going smoothly. Get some rest when you can!